Save yourself a trip to the ATM. Instead, use Mobile Deposit to deposit checks straight from your mobile device. It’s a fast, safe and convenient way to deposit checks.
Make Secure Deposits with Your Phone
Now you don't need to leave the house to deposit a check. Instead, you can use the camera on your mobile device to put the money into your accounts. You can eliminate trips to the bank and deposit your check quickly and easily.
Eliminate Trips to the Bank
There's no need to spend extra time getting to a banking center or ATM when you don't have to. Deposit checks from your phone to save time and energy.
Deposit Checks No Matter How Late It Is
Stuck late at the office? Simply forgot to bring your check to the banking center today? Now you can deposit checks no matter what time it is. For Mobile Deposits, we've extended the deposit cutoff time to 10 p.m. (CT), which means you get same-day credit even later.
Be Assured - Your Deposits Are Safe and Secure
Your security is important to us, so no personal data is ever stored on your device, and when you close out of the Mobile Deposit app, your session ends immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Got questions? We've got answers. And, if you don't find what you're looking for, sign in to Online Banking and visit our Actions and Tools menu to send us a Secure Message or call us at (844) 517-3308.
What is Mobile Deposit?
With Mobile Deposit from BOK Financial, you can make a deposit anytime, anywhere! Save yourself a trip to the bank by depositing checks with your phone, even after hours, simply by taking a picture. It’s easy, safe and the most convenient way to deposit checks. Make deposits any time, anywhere.
- Enjoy the convenience of making deposits 24 hours a day, even on weekends and holidays.
- Extend the business day. Deposits received by 10 p.m. (CT) are processed the same business day. Deposits received after 10 p.m., and on weekends or holidays will be processed the next business day.
- Access your deposited funds just as quickly. The availability of the funds you deposit is determined the same way as an ATM or banking center deposit.
- Get money to the bank faster. You will save time by avoiding trips to the banking center when you use Mobile Deposit. Each deposit should typically take just a minute or two, depending on your connection speed.
How do I make a mobile deposit?
To make a deposit please follow these steps:
- Launch the Mobile Banking App, sign in, and select “Deposits”.
- Select the account where you wish to deposit your check.
- Enter the amount of the check.
- Take a picture of the front of the check.
- Take a picture of the back of the check.
- Verify your deposit information and submit.
That's it! You’ve sent your deposit through a secure connection to BOK Financial. You can also review your mobile deposits and see the images you’ve submitted by selecting the Mobile Banking App’s Review Screen.
When will my deposit be processed?
Deposits made before 10:00 p.m. (CT) will be processed the same business day. Deposits made after 10 p.m., or on weekends or holidays, will be processed the next business day.
For example, if you make a deposit on Saturday, the deposit would be credited to your account on Monday and available on Tuesday.
When will funds from Mobile Deposits be available?
If your deposit was accepted prior to 10 p.m. (CT) your deposit will generally be available to you the next business day. Deposits made after 10 p.m., or on weekends or holidays, will generally be processed the next business day. All deposits are subject to review and funds from your deposit may not be available for immediate withdrawal.
What happens if I mistakenly deposit the same check twice?
BOK Financial Mobile Deposit has a built-in duplicate detection system and will notify you if the same check is entered twice.
Are there limits to how much I can deposit?
Yes, accounts currently have a daily and a rolling 30-day deposit limit. We will display your available limit on the deposit screen to assist you during your deposit. Additional information will be available by tapping the “info” icon displayed next to your current limit.
How do I know when BOK Financial has received my deposit?
Once you’ve submitted your deposit, you will receive a mobile alert with a confirmation message and unique confirmation ID within the app. In addition, you’ll also get an email and mobile alert push notification with detailed information and the status of your deposit. Your recent deposit and status will also be stored in the “Deposit History” screen within the App.
What do I do with the check after it has been deposited?
After you receive confirmation that your check has been accepted for processing, store the paper check in a safe place for 7 days until you have verified that the funds have been deposited into your account. Then write “VOID” on the face of the check and destroy the check.
When can I use Mobile Deposit?
You can use Mobile Deposit 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays.
Do you have any suggestions for taking good photos?
All images are reviewed for clarity and completeness. If an error is detected, the app will prompt you to retake the photo. Follow these tips to help ensure a good photo is taken:
- Ensure the area is well-lit.
- Place the check on a dark surface.
- Remove objects or other items from view.
- Make sure all four corners of the check are visible. Use the guides built into the app to help you line up the picture.
- Position the camera directly above the check.
You can also change your Mobile Deposit settings at any time by selecting the “Mobile Deposit Settings” option on the Mobile Deposits screen.
How much does Mobile Deposit cost?
There are no fees for the service. Your mobile carrier’s data charges may apply.
Will Mobile Deposit work on my phone and/or mobile device?
Mobile Deposit works on most iPhone® and Android™ phones, iPod Touch™ and iPad™.
- iOS 10 or higher
- OS 5 or higher
- Camera 2.0 megapixels or higher
How secure is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is very secure. We use password protection and 256-Bit SSL Encryption — the same security used for Online Banking.
Why am I unable to deposit my check?
There are a few common errors that may cause your check to be rejected:
- Blurry pictures (retake your photos with a steady hand, in a well-lit area)
- Folded or torn corners
- Front image is not legible
- Routing and account numbers are unclear
- Image is too dark
Try using Mobile Deposit in a well-lit area to prevent shadows and poor image quality. Keep your hands clear of the check while taking the picture.
How do I turn off alerts for Mobile Deposit
Mobile alerts are automatically enabled for mobile deposits. However, they can be turned off in your Mobile Banking app. Log in to the app and select Mobile Deposit from the main menu, then select Mobile Deposit Settings. Toggle the Mobile Deposit push notification switch off.